During pregnancy, women tend to be picky when it comes in choosing foods to eat.
Every pregnant women should know that eating a nutritious diet can enable them to have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy child as well.
- Don’t skip breakfast.Try to eatoats with fruits during breakfast and include supplements rich in calcium.
- Eat food rich infiber. Pick some assorted vegetables andfruits, similar to carrots, cooked greens, bananas, and melon. Eat a lot of beans and whole grains. Prefer to eat brown rice or cereal.
- Choosehealthy snackslike fruits and low fat yogurt.
- Take someprenatal vitaminthat is rich in iron and folic acid everyday. Iron helps your blood be healthy during conception while folic acid helps avoid birth defects.
- Include12 ounces a week of fish or shellfish in your meal. Avoid eating fish with mercury content.
- Avoid a variety ofcheeses and lunch meat. There are a few foods that may have bacteria that can put your baby’s life at risk.
- Stay away from liquorand limit caffeine intake during pregnancy. Try to drink decaffeinated tea or coffee. Drink more water rather than soft drink.
- Avoid exposure tocigarettes because second-hand smoking can kill and can cause serious illnesses to your baby inside the womb.
- Don’t used cleaning solventslike lead, mercury and pesticides.
- Always maintain safe travel habits, likeproper use of seat belt.
- Set limits for yourself, it’s a good practice to manage stress and anxiety.
- Gettingenough sleep plays an important role in the developing baby.
- Practice exercisingregularly to help maintain good health for yourself and the baby.